Contest rules and regulations
The rules outlined in this document apply to contests entered in the Matchday XP iOS app.
Matchday XP reserves the right to suspend any of its contest offerings at any time at its sole discretion. This could include suspension to undertake administrative work, to protect customers or to close markets as a result of suspicious behaviour and patterns.
1. Joining a Contest
Users can enter contests between the times specified within each separate contest. These dates are indicated as ‘Picks open’ and ‘Picks close’. When entering a contest, the user must finish the full entering process before the picks closing time in order to be entered successfully into the contest
- Each contest will allow users to choose from a range of matches specified by Matchday XP.
- Users can pick the games that they believe will have the most goals in them. For each goal that is scored in that game, the user will receive a point
- Entering a contest is provided by tapping on a contest within a group whilst ‘Picks are open’ and following the contest entry flow.
- The contest entry flow includes buying into a contest using MDXP points. Each contest will specify what the buy-in amount is.
- The contest entry flow includes picking a banker - The banker is a pick that allows you to achieve double points whenever a goal is scored within that game.
When a contest is in play current standings will be provided to the user.
2. Tie Break rules
In the instance of a tie break the pot will be split equally by all contest participants who are deemed to have the most points.
3. Automatic settlement
- Settlement of scores will take place shortly after the last match within the contest finishes. This includes injury time but does not include extra time or penalty shootouts.
- The distribution of winnings will occur in the instance the contest is settled. Matchday XP aim to settle contest winnings as soon as possible in accordance with the data we rely on. This data may vary in settlement times and therefore there is no set time interval for a contest to be settled.
- Games or markets where a result cannot be found will result in a default score of 2 for that contest pick.
- Any results that are changed retrospectively, eg. dubious goals panel reviews, results reversed for ineligible players, will not alter the settlement of the contest.
- Matchday XP reserves the right to reverse the settlement of any contest if it has been settled in error. An error is defined as either a technical or human error.
4. Payout Structure
When a contest is settled the user with the most points within their contest group will win the MDXP points that were used to buy in to that contest.
The amount of points will be indicated once the contest begins and will be directly related to the amount of users partaking in the contest group.
If there is a tie break the payout will follow the rules indicated in section 2.
Matchday XP is in no way sponsored by Apple and Apple have no involvement in the contests or sweepstakes provided by Matchday XP
Users can contact our support at email@example.com. Users should include a description of their problem.
This document is subject to constant updates. Customers should refer back to this document in case any rule changes affect them.